Dimension Data Cloud Networks
Dimension Data Cloud Hosting includes hardware-based security and load balancing technology from Cisco Systems. Each Cloud Server sits on a customer-specific Layer 2 network VLAN on a Cisco switch providing both high security and sub-millisecond performance.
Dimension Data Cloud Networks provide enterprise-class hardware-based networking, including:
- VPN access
- Load balancing
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Denial of Service (DoS and DDoS) Protection
- Carrier-class switching infrastructure
- Tier 1 Internet access.
Dimension Data utilizes Cisco ASA, Cisco ACE technologies and carrier-class switching infrastructure to provide a "Defense-in-Depth" enterprise security architecture to provide multiple layers of security, including intrusion detection services (IDS), virtual private networking (VPN), encryption, firewall and network address translation (NAT) to protect information assets. Additionally, customers can implement host-based security as an added layer of security
Each customer receives one Cloud Network, or customer-dedicated VLAN, for free. Additional VLANs can be deployed for $0.20 per VLAN per hour, $146 per month. Multiple Cloud Servers and storage can be configured on top of a single Cloud Network. Learn more about our cloud pricing.
View the Cisco Case Study on "Cloud Networks: Dimension Data Builds a Secure Public Cloud for Mission-Critical Applications."
Networks are deployed and managed either through the Administrative UI or through corresponding functions of the Open API.
Cloud Networks Features
- A Cisco AnyConnect license to access your Cloud Servers using an SSL-encrypted VPN
- Customizable ACL-based firewall rules allow you to control access into each network VLAN
- NAT and VIP functions to expose your private IP addresses to the public Internet
- VIP functions support load-balancing and port translation across multiple virtual servers, with the ability to take servers in and out of service manually, programmatically, or based on monitoring probes.
- Layer 2 Multicast support for clustering implementations
- Ability to clone virtual servers to create “Customer Images” which can be used to deploy copies of a server configuration
- Ability to import/export server images, allowing you to transfer virtual machines to and from your own infrastructure