Managed Hosting Platform Compliance
Dimension Data maintains a number of certification and compliance initiatives both as a company and specific to the Dimension Data Managed Hosting and Cloud environments. Customers delivering applications through the Dimension Data Managed Hosting and Cloud environments can take advantage of Dimension Data’s certifications to help ensure they comply with their own internal controls and regulatory requirements.
The following standard and optional certifications apply to Dimension Data Managed Hosting and Application Operations customers.
- SSAE-16 Type I and Type II Attestation: Dimension Data maintains both SSAE-16 Type I and Type II attestations in conjunction with our auditor SSAE 16 Solutions. In the context of Dimension Data, these SSAE-16 audits assure Dimension Data On-Demand customers that Dimension Data is living up to its commitments. Our SSAE-16 attestation is based on an in-depth series of documented controls covering the entire operational spectrum of the Dimension Data organization.
- PCI Compliance: Dimension Data maintains a PCI-compliant environment as described below. However, that certification is limited to a subset of customers whose application is covered by PCI and who have chosen to sign up for the optional environment
- HIPAA Business Associate: Dimension Data maintains policies and procedures necessary to act as a HIPAA Business Associate for customers whose application maintains data covered by HIPAA regulations. Customers with such requirements should provide Dimension Data with their requirements and proposed Business Associate agreement. Dimension Data does not implement the policies and procedures until the requirements are reviewed and the agreement is signed and accepted.
- Salesforce.com AppExchange Certification: Dimension Data maintains a Salesforce.com AppExchange Service Provider certification. Because Salesforce has already done an in-depth evaluation of the Dimension Data On-Demand environment through their certification process, Dimension Data On-Demand customers looking to make their application available on Salesforce.com’s AppExchange go through a shorter, reduced scope audit as part of their certification. This expedited review process speeds time-to-market and provides the opportunity to offer your application to the AppExchange community as quickly as possible.
- U.S. Commerce Department Safe Harbor Certification: Dimension Data is certified under the U.S Commerce Department’s Safe Harbor program, which signifies that Dimension Data employs policies and procedures that meet the privacy standards of the European Commission's Directive on Data Protection. By certifying under the program, Dimension Data’s customers can be assured that their personal information is private and protected.