Dimension Data provides application and system management services that help companies to scale their cloud-based web applications. We have developed best practices for application management, change management, database management and performance management in extensively virtualized environments.
Over the years, Dimension Data developed the operational expertise, technology, processes and systems to address a number of concerns: security, control, performance, multi-tenancy, scale and ease of integration. Dimension Data also offers a pay-as-you-go cloud hosting service that includes compute, network and storage. The Dimension Data Cloud leverages the same platform and technology that Dimension Data uses to support some of the most demanding SaaS applications such as Adobe Acrobat.com, SAP Crystal Reports, Taleo and Xactly. The Dimension Data Cloud provides enterprise-class reliability, security, control and ease of integration.
Dimension Data people include some of the best systems engineers, network engineers, database admins and architects, sales engineers, project managers and account managers in the industry. We listen to our customers and try to understand their goals and challenges and apply our experience to develop solutions that make sense. Our customers appreciate our depth of expertise and flexibility to consider different technologies, solutions and approaches to solve problems. They also appreciate our best practices and use of standardized multi-tenant architectures that have been proven to scale.
Our customers are supported by a Pod, or team of engineers, admins, architects and project managers. The Dimension Data Pod is an extension of our customer's IT team and available 24x7x365.
Dimension Data Application Operations is our award winning managed service that enables SaaS ISVs, Cloud Platform providers and enterprises to develop, launch and scale web-based applications. We take responsibility for its operational management of customer applications. Application Operations includes:
- Change Management: end-to-end management from deployment to production release; patch management; upgrades
- Compliance: SSAE 16 Type II, Level I Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), EU Safe Harbor Statement certifications
- Database Management: support for Oracle, Microsoft SQL and MySQL, including dB architecture and design, 24x7 troubleshooting and resolution of DB performance issues
- Performance Management: 24x7 monitoring and technical support to solve application availability and performance issues
- Optimization Management: increases application performance and efficiency
Dimension Data has developed best practices to support the demands of mission critical web-based applications, including:
- Multi-Tenant Software Architecture
- Application Scalability
- Clustered Database Management
- Web Services